Walton Village Hall – Terms and Conditions of Hire
Start of Hire – please refer to the checklist provided in the Hirers Pack at the time of booking and displayed on the Village Hall Notice Board.
The Hirer will during the period of hire, be responsible for:
- The supervision of the Hall, the fabric and contents, their care and safety from damage.
- Ensuring that the permitted number of people in the Hall does not exceed 60 people seated or 100 standing.
- Ensuring that the behaviour of all persons using the premises is appropriate and that there is adult supervision for all children’s parties – at least 1 adult: 10 children.
- Please ensure all hall users park either within the gates to the Hall or on the road subject to due care and attention. Please note cars are parked at the owners risk and the Village Hall accepts no responsibility for damage to vehicles.
- No overnight camping (including motorhomes and caravans) is allowed in the village hall car park.
- The Hirer shall indemnify the Committee for the cost of repair for any damage done to any part of the Hall including the surrounding or the contents of the buildings during, or as a result of, the Hire.
- The Hirer shall not sub-let, or use the Hall for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way, nor do anything or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the Hall, or its users.
- All electrical equipment brought on to the premises, e.g. music speakers, computers etc. must be in good condition and safe to use.
- Fused trailing sockets must be used in preference to multi adaptors. Trailing electrical cables must be routed away from main pedestrian walkways. Where not possible, cables are to be taped over or otherwise made safe.
End of Hire – please adhere to the checklist provided in the Hirers Pack at the time of booking and displayed on the Village Hall Notice Board.
The Hirer must note the position of the fire extinguishers and fire exits. Fire exits must be kept clear and a one-metre gangway must be left leading to the fire exits. Do not prop any doors open, except to aid transportation of equipment into or out of the Hall, as a temporary measure. In the event of a fire, it is the Hirer’s responsibility to check that all rooms have been vacated, all Hall users are accounted for and the emergency services are contacted. It is the Hirers responsibility to be familiar with the Fire Evacuation Plan detailed on the notice board and in the Hirers Pack provided when the hall is booked.
- The First Aid kit, which is situated on the kitchen wall, is only to be used for minor injuries.
- For major injuries the emergency services must be contacted, and Village Secretary as detailed on the notice board informed of the incident.
Alcohol, Food and Entertainment
- The hirer must ensure that all necessary licences have been obtained for the sale of alcohol and the performance of regulated entertainment, and abide by the times stated therein.
- The Hirer must also ensure that any Caterers or Entertainers engaged are suitably licensed and insured.
- All crockery, cutlery and pans used during the period of the hire must be washed, dried and put away at the end of the hire. Please notify the Village Secretary as detailed on the notice board of any breakages.
- All rubbish must be removed from the premises at the end of the hire period.
- NO fireworks are allowed inside or within the grounds of the village hall with the exception of written consent from Village Hall Chairperson.
- NO candles are allowed in the hall except those on a birthday cake.
- No one is allowed to sit on the kitchen work surfaces for health & safety reasons.
Noise and Disturbance
- Do not disturb those living close to the Hall and do not permit guests to cause any sort of disturbance in the area, either during or after functions.
- It is the Hirer’s responsibility to call the police if there is a disturbance.
- Keep music volumes moderate. All windows and doors MUST be kept closed during the playing of live or recorded music in the Village Hall. Music should not be audible outside the Village Hall
- Offenders will not be allowed to rehire the Hall.
A strict No Smoking policy applies within the Hall.
Click here to download a copy of our terms and conditions